Monday, February 20, 2012

The Nesting Place Online Class Progress

This weekend flew by!
I wasn't able to accomplish all that I wanted to do,
but I'm happy that I was still able to make  some progress. 
Above is my progress on Lesson #1 of the online class The Nesting Place.
I'm halfway through the lesson hopefully I would be
able to work a bit more on it this afternoon.
Here are some wip pictures of it:
From top left: ironing linen fabric after rinsing and semi-drying in 
a towel / auditioning stretcher bars using pattern / pattern transferred 
and basted / all set up and ready to go.
Above is the outlined shape before filling it in with
long & short stitches and finally here is 
where I am now,
I better hurry since lesson #2 begins today!
I'm so glad I decided to take this class. Mary is a great
teacher/mentor.  She has provided us with written instructions, videos,
one to one feedback and a private online forum. 
The class participants are from all over the world.
I believe this particular class won't be offered again but
there are other online classes coming up soon.

On a different subject, I was also able to make progress on
my Quilt Project and on the Lilipopo pattern next time
I'll share with you progress on those.
These days my agility is a bit compromise, however considering
the circumstances, I'm very happy with what I was able 
to accomplish over the weekend. 

8 comments:

  1. wow, this looks stunning so far! I guess you need a magnifying glass for the smaller pair of birds? just curious, how did you transfer the pattern to linen since the fabric is not see through and you probably thus could not use the light box technique? the videos and private 1-on-1 feedback sound fantastic. i'll have to investigate her blog more carefully and see what kind of stuff she is up too. have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If the lighting is not good (cloudy outside, etc) Sometimes I use the magnifying glass to help a bit, it is only one pair of birds. I did used the light box and traced slowly... some of the ladies use the prick and pounce method.
      Yes, check Mary's site when you have a chance.... there is a bit of everything needlework related.

      Delete
  2. Monika - What an exciting project! Mary's website is wonderful and so inspirational. That looks like such a beautiful pattern. Your linen is gorgeous. I'm really looking forward to following your progress.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished project. Your bird is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! cuántas cosas nuevas has puesto en el blog y yo me las he perdido! :-( Perdón por no pasar antes por aquí. Estuve muy ocupada con miles de cosas y casi ni visite los blogs :-( Tus bordados como siempre, me encantan :-)
    Ah el mantel y las servilletas que compraste uauuuuuu ¿sólo 4 dólares? parece increible... el que te lo vendió seguro que no fue quien lo bordó! Se ve tan lindo! Pronto podré en mi blog unas fotos de un tesoro que encontré yo hace unos días... estoy segura que te va gustar por los diferentes puntos de bordado que tiene y lo antiguo que es!! :-)
    Besotes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola J.! Gracias! No te preocupes... a veces tambien me pasa lo mismo!
      Estare pendiente!

      Delete

When I reply, I normally do so here among your comments ;-).
Do to my limited free time I am not always able to keep up and/or reply to each comment. Thanks for your understanding and...
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Comment Moderation Always On.

These may also interest you:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...