Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cookies!

A sudden desire for cookies followed by the realization that all ingredients were at hand...
the rest is history!
Made only half of the recipe with some minor modifications.
I used a trail mix of nuts and cranberries with a sprinkle of raisins
and a small amount of tiny chocolate morsels.
My brown sugar was useless so I omitted it and substituted the egg
(since I made only half recipe) with 1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with
3 tbsp warm water.
Since I didn't use the brown sugar the cookies were crispier but
I didn't mind at all since I was craving sweet and crispy :-).
These above I flattened a bit with a spoon half way baking time thinking
that it was needed. The ones below I let them be and ended up with 
a nice natural rustic aesthetic which I liked much better.
For odd, we improvised some mini allergen free s'mores.
She enjoyed putting them together and even more eating them!
(Yes... that cookie sheet has served me well, I think it is time
to replace it and I believe you totally agree with me!)
Baby let mommy have some fun in the kitchen and
 slept through the whole process :-).
***
Notes:  I made half of the recipe with substitutions and modifications.
The recipe is the one underneath Quaker's Oatmeal lid and it can 
also be found here.

4 comments:

  1. mmmmm, se ven deliciosas!!

    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look delicious and now I'm craving some home made ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look so good -I love the addition of cranberries -yum! - and the s'mores are so cute!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, they were really good :-)!
    I think I will b making another batch in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete

When I reply, I normally do so here among your comments ;-).
Do to my limited free time I am not always able to keep up and/or reply to each comment. Thanks for your understanding and...
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Comment Moderation Always On.

These may also interest you:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...