Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Thursday, June 19, 2014
This was a very enjoyable project! The stitching went quickly and I didn't work on it everyday. Here are a few close ups.
This pillowcase brand was really nice to stitch, which means I will be looking into acquiring another set or two in the near future. By the way,... what do you consider 'percale' to be? I've seen 100% cotton bed linens and poly/cotton blend ones with this 'percale' description.
Now a few photos of the back ;-).
Here is the post where I talked about this pillowcase embroidery beginnings. The only thing I changed was working the stems with two strands of embroidery thread instead of three. This was my very first embroidered pillowcase and I can assure you that it will not be my last. Below are the beginnings of my second one :-).
The pattern is courtesy of floresita's transfers on Flickr. I did some changes for it to suit my taste and size of pillowcase. Will definitely post updates!
Enjoy your weekend!
PS: Just sharing that www.colonialpatterns.com sent an email few days ago with a 10% coupon code for everything in their website, valid until midnight tomorrow June 20th, no minimum amount purchase. If you don't have it, perhaps you could call or request the code by email. I was tempted to posted here but not sure if that was ok with Colonial Patterns.
Monday, June 16, 2014
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Just for fun in-the-works pictures:
PS: I have a little step by step on the English daisies that I wrote awhile back and for some reason the colors of pictures are not true to life also some of the links may not be working to this date. You should be able to access the document from the Tutorial tab/page below this blog's heading.
The pattern is Breath of Spring #259 by Crabapple Hill Studio.
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Embroidering a pillowcase for my mom. All the tracing and the progress shown was done this evening. Started with a plastic oval hoop but it wasn't working (plastic hoops are not my thing) so I switch to a Hardwicke Manor hoop... ahhh much better now!
Using a combination of motifs from Aunt Martha's booklet no.402 traced onto a piece of Sticky Fabri-Solvy.
Using variegated thread or properly called; DMC Colors Variation no.4110 and no.4070. The roses and vine's stem with 3 strands, the leaves with 2 strands.
The pillowcase is from Room Essentials (Target). My goal is to have this pillowcase done within a week.
I'll be taking a short blog break. Until next time! Enjoy the week ahead!
Friday, June 6, 2014
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Sunday, June 1, 2014
A Summer cold found it's way into our household, just when it seemed as if I was going to be able to enjoy some time working on my WIP's. Instead I've been wiping runny noses non-stop and cooking soup.
Ingredients: applewood smoked ham, onions, green pepper, carrots, corn, potatoes, kale, bouillon cube, chicken drumsticks and breast tenderloins, seasoning(s) to taste and water.
Accompanied by your favorite side dish for soup. We, the girls and I, like our rice in our soup but my husband likes it on the side.
Hoping this nasty cold doesn't linger around! Until next time, be well!