Monday, September 15, 2014

Miss Sunbonnet Duck

Such a fun design to stitch! Miss Sunbonnet Duck was started while we were on our mini getaway, worked on it on our way back home, and completed yesterday.

Using bright cheery colors was a nice treat. I wonder how the two upcoming seasons will influence my choice of colors for any upcoming embroidery project.

DMC embroidery thread was used through out the design. It was stitched onto a flour sack towel. The design is one from Aunt Martha's hot iron transfer no.3979 under the Traditional & Vintage category. The perlé cotton shown was used only for photo prop purpose ;-).

Miss Sunbonnet Duck surely enjoyed her flower picking walk!

A trip to a Pick-Your-Own Flower Farm sounds like a fun thing to do! Maybe sometime, hopefully soon.
Until next time!

11 comments:

  1. pretty!! I wonder when I will have the chance to do hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just try to do a small simple design using only one stitch or two and go from there :-), perhaps while your little ones are busy with playtime or with craft activities. Perhaps they may want to try too! There are many free vintage patterns on Flickr's group Hoop Love Vintage Patterns.

      Delete
  2. Another wonderful piece! Your stitches are so pretty and I had wondered if you used DMC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so lovely! beautiful stitching as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't you know, I did the same duck awhile back? But yours is SO much prettier than mine! Yours is so bright and colorful, and your stitches are perfect as usual. I've often wished that there was a pick-your-own flower place near my town. Wouldn't that be a fun job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, but I'm sure yours is too! Do you have it on your blog? I will love to go and take a peek :-).

      Delete
  5. So adorable and you made it look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

When I reply, I normally do so here among your comments ;-).
Do to my limited free time I am not always able to keep up and/or reply to each comment. Thanks for your understanding and...
Thanks for stopping by!!!
(Advertising/Spam comments will not be posted.)

These may also interest you:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...