Thursday, July 14, 2016

Hand Embroidered "Vintage" Towels

There is something special about hand embroidered towels... even more so if the look is vintage. These towels embroidered by myself (blogged about previously) fit the bill. 
Around my neck of the woods is practically impossible to find these kind of treasures. Not always I'm able to splurge on original vintage linens, so I'm glad when I have some time in my hands to sit and relax stitching a new towel with a vintage look. There are so many free vintage patterns online, but Colonial Patterns still prints and re-prints vintage original designs... which as you may already know, I love collecting (1st picture)! 
I'm looking forward to adding a few more towels to my kitchen's linens drawer soon! 
Non-affiliated links:
Aunt Martha's embroidery transfers at Colonial Patterns.

4 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty! But they're much too pretty to wipe dishes with. Your collection is certainly a treasure. I love to do embroidery work, but worry about how it looks on the back side. Could you post about how you finish off the back of your work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ;-)
      I've a couple of older posts that show the back of two of my embroideries.
      Here are the links to both posts, it might help a bit:
      http://bitsofstitching.blogspot.com/2015/03/violets-done.html

      http://bitsofstitching.blogspot.com/2014/03/rose.html

      Delete
  2. I live in area where I can get vintage towels but I still love making them. They make great gifts and everyone loves the vintage patterns. I'm really enjoying your blog! Happy Sewing! Mickie in Pennsylvania, USA :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, totally agree! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

When I reply, I normally do so here among your comments ;-).
Do to my limited free time I am not always able to keep up and/or reply to each comment. Thanks for your understanding and...
Thanks for stopping by!!!
(PS= Do to receiving many spam comments I have disabled the Anonymous comment option. Sorry for any inconvenience.)

These may also interest you:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...