Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hand Embroidered Vintage Tablecloth


I found this hand embroidered tablecloth set (yes it came with the napkins!) at a 
community yard sale at one of the local library's parking lot in May 2009.
Since then I haven't gotten such a deal in vintage linens.
I posted about this great find on my "old" blog ... 
anyone remember how much I payed for it???
One of the pictures in this collage has the tag... are you able to read it?
Ok.. I will tell you ....
I found this treasure for the amazing prize of $4.00!!!!!!
Can you believe it!!!????!!!!
I still can't ... :-). I didn't even bargain for it, wouldn't dare to.
These pictures in the collage were the ones I took that very day
when I found it... couldn't wait to iron it to take pictures :-).
 These two pictures are from the back of some of the embroidered
motives... that's what I call tidy stitching!
The embroiderer put sooo much care on this piece... she/he 
even used different embroidery techniques.
For example the bow below is embroidered in shadow work.
 He/She also used simple pulled thread work as the
picture below shows.
I've used it once. I don't want it to get permanently soiled since
I found it in excellent condition.