Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lesson Learned


We decided to take a mini vacation sooner than originally planned. Weather is getting cooler and is already taking a toll on how I feel.

Couldn't do much physically and thought that I rather take it easy and try to relax. 
Just doing enough so, with my husband's help, my little ones could have fun.
Even leaving all my stitching behind..., silly me!


Two days before going back home I couldn't resist any longer the urge to stitch. 
It really is like therapy for me.
Thankfully nearby was a Walmart with a small, but well stocked, hand embroidery section.


Only spending as little as possible (since I have enough already on my stash back home) 
without compromising supplies quality. I was able to get: an iron on transfer pattern, a pack of 2 floursack towels, a few skeins of embroidery thread, a pack of needles, and a manicure set with 2 sizes of nail clippers to snip the floss.


While at the store my oldest daughter said she wanted to embroider with me. 
Once back at the hotel she immersed herself into some serious coloring while I was ironing her chosen design and mine onto the towels.


My heart didn't let me interrupt her, so I let her enjoy her coloring. After all, who could resist cute coloring books? Plus my youngest was also having a blast "coloring" too. 
So mommy let them have fun.

I made some progress on my chosen pattern, which by the way is the Beans from Aunt Martha's #3994 Fruit N' Veggie Pup. It was a bit challenging stitching onto such a huge towel without an embroidery hoop. A hoop does help with 
neat and precise stitching.
Well, now I only need to finish the bean pods and the leaves which won't happen soon since vacation is over and there are some pretty busy days ahead.


I will confess that I learned my lesson,... never leave without something to stitch ;-).

It was nice! We really needed that mini getaway.
Now back to the busy daily routine.