Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2021

All Set To Begin Working On Tiny Treasures Project

The Valdani threads arrived! There are 12 called for colors. Ordered 9, had 2 in my stash, and substituted 1 for another Valdani color I had on hand. Still waiting for my triangular paper pieces.
Also that travel make up bag is super convenient, it is very sturdy and has adjustable compartment. It is suppose to be water repellent, but haven't test that yet. Already removed two of the dividers and adjusted the others to my needs. It accommodates everything perfectly for me! Found it on Amazon, just in case you want to check it out.
It was hard to choose, so many options plus prices vary between brand/sellers/listings. 
I'm excited to begin stitching these cute tiny embroidery designs that fit 1 inch hexagons. Must admit that I printed mine at 85% scale. My personal preference is having a bit more margin between the centered stitcheries and the edges of the 1" hexies. 
Would love to start today, but not sure if that will be possible. We are having pizza night so I do not have to worry about cooking or too much cleaning in the kitchen. However, I have a couple of grocery deliveries on the way that need to be cared for (you know what that entails during a pandemic). Also an upcoming Zoom meeting with an old family friend that we have not seen in a very long time, we are so looking forward to catching up!
Perhaps in the evening I could squeeze embroidering at least one of the designs, and basting my first hexie. We shall see!