Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

"Tiny Treasures: miniature hand embroidery designs" by Kathy Schmitz

Have you seen Kathy's Schmitz latest book release? So much cuteness! She self-published this one, and right now (in my understanding) you are only able to find it on her website or Etsy shop (depending on which version you prefer). 

Already getting ready! I had in my stash the fabric, sewing and basting threads, the hexagon paper pieces, and some other basic notions. Decided to order Jeana Kimball's Foxglove Cottage straw needles in sizes 9 and 10 from Amazon because was having a bit of difficulty with the size 11 that I had on hand. Also placed an order on Etsy for triangular paper pieces, didn't feel like doing them myself.

My husband treated me with the called for Valdani threads. Can't wait for them to arrive in a couple of days, and on my triangular paper pieces that are supposed to be here tomorrow! Kathy also gives DMC alternatives for the threads, and you could also draw and cut your own paper templates for the hexies and triangles. 

Sometimes February can be a difficult month for me, this year even more so. Hoping this new project, along with other work in progress projects will help keep me distracted on those rough days.

Non-affiliated link:
Kathy Schmitz' Tiny Treasures. Info on both formats given on her web-shop here.