Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Aunt Martha's Transfers and My Dear Mom

If you like stitching / hand embroidery and you like Aunt Martha's 
Hot Iron Transfers then ...

Hancock Fabrics had a 30% sale on the transfer patterns ( including some of the transfer pattern books ) and a 25% to 30% on hand embroidery supplies. Then with an 10% extra savings coupon
I was all set and went home happy with some cute patterns at a great deal! 

Some Walmart stores still carry these transfers for .97 cents.
At www.colonialpatterns.com you get discounts on orders of 10 or more.
I believe is 10 or more patterns at 1.35 and 20 or more at 1.15.
Also www.123Stitch.com have them at regular price and their shipping
costs are reasonable.
Lastly, sometimes you find good deals on ebay or etsy.
I wonder... where do you like shopping for your patterns?
I don't get the happiness of finding them in thrift shops, antique stores or have relatives
that will pass them down to me so I like to find where to get them
at reasonable cost.

My Dear Mom

The other day I was rearranging my collection of embroidery transfer patterns into
a bigger home / basket and guess who inherit the smaller one ;-)...

...yes, my 2nd grader! She is already starting her own collection.
In fact she wanted me to take pictures of it and share them with you, which I
gladly did and will share with you next time ;-).

You can tell I'm on an Aunt Martha's Hot Iron Transfers kick ... lol.
They have always remind me of my mom, lately even more so.
 She did hand embroidery for awhile... I must have
been 4 years old. If I'm not mistaken, mom's hand embroidery
years lasted probably until I was 10 y. old, more or less.
 I have fond memories of her stitching and me sitting by her
trying to learn. I grew up and didn't pursue it until shortly before 
becoming a mom.
 My mom use to buy only Aunt Martha's because I only
remember the yellow envelopes. 
She also used to draw her own small simple patterns.
I have some plans brewing for a large but 
simple quilt with no specific deadline.
Maybe I'll share more on my next post.

**Not affiliated with any of the above mentioned stores/companies/shops/websites.
Just thought that some of you fellow stitchers may like to know! ;-)