Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2018

A Work In Progress and Completed Stitcheries

Clouds have lingered these past few days. Today the sun shined through, just for a bit before sunset, enough to take a few pictures of my projects ;-). 

Above is where I'm at on my Give Thanks project from Stitches from the Harvest book by Kathy Schmitz. Done with the chain stitch on the yellow pods, and practically 2/3 done with the brown stems/branches. Might work a bit more on it this weekend.

These, above, are all the completed stitcheries, and the WIP on the first picture.

Above is this month's One Stitch at a Time design. It was stitched by my daughter on a flour sack kitchen towel by Colonial Patterns. She used DMC threads.

From these ones, the Quilt on the Line and the Hop Along Stitches were also stitched by my daughter. She used Artiste variegated thread in Sugar Plum, and for the house with the quilt she used variegated Valdani 3ply thread in color M66. The other two were stitched by me. Fruit basket was August's One Stitch at a Time design, stitched with DMC Color Variations no.4129. For Skippy's Green Jumper I used DMC Color Variations no.4068, all these patterns are by Kathy Schmitz and available as PDFs on her shop (link at the end of post).
Last but not least is Mrs. Gardening Hen, my daughter stitched this towel as well!

Teaching her a bit about finances, I commissioned this towel from her. The colors were the ones requested and she did a nice job on it.... cash well earned! She did so much stitching this summer that it rekindled her interest in hand embroidery, even said that she was enjoying it! I thought to myself: "Mission Accomplished!" ;-) By the way the pattern for the hen is Aunt Martha's no.3942.
Maybe next time I have some cross stitch progress to show, also hoping to finished an English Paper Piecing project from last year's autumn. Enjoy the weekend! Until next time!

Notes:
Kathy Schmitz's Etsy Shop