Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Baking, Evening Stitches, Vintage Carnation


Yesterday's weather was less cold than previous days, which was nice for a break. We headed out to do groceries, and find materials for a science project for one of my kids. Once back, did some laundry, vacuuming, and fixed a quick dinner. A free evening to do some stitching! Started again where I left on the Aunt Martha's Flower Quilt I was making for my mom. I think this is the Aster bloom.

Made quite a bit of progress while re-watching Emma. I do not get tire of it, enjoy watching all the versions, but my favorite one is the BBC 2009 TV Series, with Romola Garai as Emma and Jonny Lee Miller as Mr. Knightley. 
My 2nd favorite will have to be the 1996 movie with Kate Beckinsale as Emma and Mark Strong as Mr. Knightly.
Do you have a favorite period drama movie you don't get tire of?
I also like a few others by Jane Austen, but I prefer Emma.

Did the final stitches of the Bluework kitchen towel, will try to post a picture of it next time. 
This past Thursday was a rainy one. We stayed in and baked gluten free and egg free cookies, nut free banana muffins, and rum cake ;-). We did the semi-homemade approached by using box mixes for the cookies and rum cake. The muffins were from scratch.

Since all these pictures above were taken either on a rainy day, or in the evening, the lighting is not great... but you might be able to get the feel of how things went on my side of the woods.
Leaving you with a vintage embroidery pattern of a carnation... until next time!