Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Snow People Bluework


Started this kitchen towel couple of days ago. Was motivated by a post on Rsislandcrafts Blog dated Jan. 9, 2019... she started stitching a snowman from Bird Brain Designs and the design is so cute. I've been wanting to stitch a snowman on a tea towel, so after reading her entry I went on Amazon and searched for Bird Brain Designs and found one I liked, it is called Snowman Season Bluework and it has 3 different designs. 

I'm using Finca / Presencia Perle cotton size 8 in color no.3319 Dark Baby Blue, and a white flour sack towel from the Colonial Patterns company size 18 by 28. For transferring the design: made a copy of the original design omitting the elements of the pattern I didn't want to use, went over the lines of the design using a Sublime Stitching transfer pen in blue, and finally ironed it on the right lower corner of the towel.

It is so cold out there that my husband has helped me with running errands that are normally part of my routine, so I've had a bit more than the usual time to stitch. Almost finished stitching this towel! The little heart on the hat of the other snowman will be stitched in red ;-).
So happy to be able to use this towel in the kitchen soon! What is your favorite indoor pastime? Well, I better go now... until next time!